Sunday, 23rd June, 2019
- 1 Kings 18:36-39
- Galatians 1:1-10
- Luke 7:1-10
Hymn of meditation: PH 456
Master, speak! Thy servant heareth,
Waiting for Thy gracious word,
Longing for Thy voice that cheereth;
Master! let it now be heard.
I am listening, Lord, for Thee:
What hast Thou to say to me?
Master, speak! and make me ready,
When Thy voice is truly heard,
With obedience glad and steady
Still to follow every word.
I am listening, Lord, for Thee:
Master, speak! O, speak to me!
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
WHAT YOU CARRY DETERMINES THE FRUIT YOU BEAR
Gestation period for
- Elephant 22 months
- Goats 5 months
- Ants 7-14 days
Do not get jealous at someone’s current progress or question God’s timimg. It may simply be because his gestation period for waiting for an answer to his prayer is relatively short. Yours may have delayed because the results you are supposed to receive is that which lasts and is “quite heave”.
THE WORD OF GOD IS THE FOUNDATION OF FAITH!
Just as no good building is without a good foundation, there is no faith without the Word, because faith in God is built on His Word!
So, if you feel like you’re weak in faith, there’s a simple cure: God’s Word will increase your faith!
Faith in the Word of God is all that is needed (Luke 7:1-7).
When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” So Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed.
In the above text, the Centurion exhibited great faith in what God’s Word alone can do and that bought him the answer to his prayer.
As you faithfully read and study the Word, meditate on it and even memorize it, every word will inspire, strengthen and increase your faith! Fill your mind.
God’s glory increases when you are stretched
It is impossible to have faith without the Word!
- If you’re weak in faith, it’s because you’re weak in the Word!
- The best cure for doubts is the Word!
- The Bible says, “Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God!” (Rom.10:17) – That’s the law of faith.
- Believing in the unseen. Faith is tranquil when it’s very stormy.
- Faith is not passive; it acts out what it believes!
- Faith is asking for what you need, hearing the inaudible, seeing the invisible, believing the incredible and receiving the impossible.
Faith is completely contrary to natural expectation and natural conditions! It creates a vacuum in your heart for God to fill. Faith is not only believing that God can, but that God will! Faith is not surprised at the answer God gives but rather expects it to happen.
- Faith is standing your ground when all others desert. Faith is burning your bridges so you cannot go back.
- Faith is willing to pay any price. Faith is doing what God tells you to do today and believing Him for tomorrow.
- Faith is the opposite of fear. It is choosing God in spite of all other possibilities.
- Faith is standing on God’s Word and not your feelings.
- It is willing to die trusting – That’s the kind of faith that gets healing and works miracles!
Faith is like a muscle that grows stronger by exercising. Faith is built by faithful study of God’s Word!
Everything you need has been paid for by the blood of Jesus (supernatural currency)
Worries, sickness lack, death is defeated!