BIBLE STUDY: LET THE EARTH HEAR – SECTION 1 LESSON 001
BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF THE GOSPEL
1 Corinthians 15 1:1-14
John 1:1-4, 14-16
- That we may KNOW what the true Christian gospel is
- IDENTIFY and UNDERSTAND what makes up the true gospel
- Be able to EXPALIN who the true gospel is to another
Q1. WHAT IS THE KEY ABILITY/ CHARACTERISTIC OF THE GOSPEL? (1 Cor. 15:2)
The Gospel is able to save
Q2. WHAT 3 THINGS ABOUT THE GOSPEL MAKE IT ONE THAT SAVES?
According to 1 Cor. 15:3-4, the three things that make the gospel one that saves are that:
- Christ died
…to take away that one thing that makes it impossible to be reconciled to the Father; sin and its debt
- He was buried
..and entered Hell to take over the power of death and because death does not have power over Him, it no longer has power over all who believe and live in Him. (Heb. 2:14-15)
- He was raised on the third day
…demonstrating His power and victory over death and by it assuring us that He can give us that life that death cannot destroy
Q3. WHAT IS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF THE GOSPEL?
From the above answer to question 2, Christ’s DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION is the true gospel which saves. A mere message could not have died, be buried and resurrect except it be a person. By this we realize that the true definition of the gospel is the person JESUS.
Q4. HOW MUST WE RELATE TO THE GOSPEL, THE PERSON JESUS? (1Cor. 15:1-2)
- We must RECEIVE the Gospel; believe, accept and have a relationship with Jesus.
- We must take a STAND in the Gospel; meaning we take sides with the gospel when confronted with the issues of life; it is what the Word of God says that we choose to do.
- We must HOLD FAST to the gospel; no compromise no matter what happens in life. According to 1 Cor. 15:2, we are saved by the gospel if we continue to hold firmly to the word, otherwise we believe in vain. We must never let go of Jesus.
According to Matt 24:13, he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
THE GOSPEL IS A PERSON TO BE BELIEVED IN. WE MUST SEEK A CONTINUOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PERSON JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE GOSPEL.